The Titan Manual
This document contains, or links to, all Titan documentation. The first section is a review of the many features and functions of Titan. Even if you have been on Titan for years, there may be new features, or features you didn’t need before, you could use now. The second section lists each of the Titan modules, and the programs in them, in the order they appear on menus. Program headings include a brief description of its purpose. A number of Titan documentation articles are linked to the headings. Following this, the third section lists links to all documentation articles in alphabetical order. Not all of these articles are linked in the second section, as their subject may be more general in nature. So you will want to scan this section for articles as well. The fourth section links to Titan demonstration/training videos. The final fifth section is a series of Frequently Asked Questions and brief answers from Titan support.
· Windows based graphic user interface
· Sybase Advantage™ database in true client server configuration
· Complete audit trail between all modules and the General Ledger
· Instant access to data record “Pick Lists” wherever required
· Pop up field calendars and calculators
· Move between multiple records and transactions freely and instantly
· Open multiple modules and programs simultaneously and move between them at will
· Numerous user defined fields
· Numerous places for user notes in master records, sub-records, and transactions
· All records and notes are date and time stamped when updated
· Full bar code reader and printer integration
· Partial and decimal quantities, cost and pricing up to five places
· Unlimited warehouses and cost centers
· EDI processing
· Executive dashboard (AR, AP, Sales, Bank balances)
· Independent module dating
· Numerous data import, export, and update tools to handle cost changes, vendor catalogs, etc
· Transaction details retained on line perpetually
· Numerous system settings to accommodate different business practices
· Administrators can maintain user permissions to strictly control user access to modules and functions
· Integrated Standard Query Language (SQL) tool for advanced data management
· Automated report emailing (requires Notify Premier option)
· Integrated fax server (requires Fax Server Premier option)
· Paperless office (requires Document Scanning Premier option)
· Numerous “standard” reports in each module
· Easy to use BCR Report Writer for user reports with graphical designer
· Technical assistance available to assist in Report Writer use or create reports or forms for you
· View standard and Report Writer reports on screen and export them to PDF, spreadsheets and other formats
· Send reports directly from Report Writer via email or fax
· Design and print custom labels using the Report Writer
· Add your own reports to module menus
· Schedule reports and alerts to run at specified times and automatically email to selected recipients (requires Notify Premier option)
· Graphical WYSIWYG designer for all forms
· Print multiple copies of forms automatically or manually
· Assign specialized forms of all documents to specific customers or vendors down to the level of the parts of the form
· One application for all sales related transaction types (quotes, orders, invoices, credit memo, RGAs)
· Create orders with absolute minimal effort
· Use automated pricing or price on-the-fly and set future customer pricing from order entry
· Copy documents from one type to another – even between different customers
· Copy only selected items from one document to another
· Display lists of POs, quotes, orders, or invoices containing a specific inventory item in an order and drill down to that document instantly
· View and maintain order, item, and customer notes while processing orders
· Create/modify customer information while in order entry, depending on user access
· Process recurring customer orders without re-entering data
· Enter orders from multiple warehouse locations and multiple sales office locations
· User’s ID tagged to all documents created
· List and filter sales documents multiple ways and move between them instantly
· Allocate inventory quantities manually or automatically when entering orders
· Maintain multiple shipping addresses by customer and assign pricing by shipping address/ customer job
· Maintain “corporate accounts” with multiple billing addresses
· Automatically add additional charges or items related to an item
· Apply payments and track deposits from within order entry
· Automatically create one or more purchase orders from within a sales order based on the product and any of its sub-components listed in a bill of material
· Kits and bills of materials can be multi-level and modified “on the fly” in order entry
· Rental, delivery, and pick up scheduler
· Mix drop shipments (from multiple vendors) and stock shipments on one sales order
· Automatic back order tracking / Back order status report
· Multiple format sales commission management
· Lookup families of items
· Full retail POS capabilities
· Debit/credit card reader, receipt printer, signature capture and PIN pad integration
· Full UPS world ship and FedEx integration
· Automatic emailing of sales to associated salesperson
· Quick order entry from customer sales history
· Tag a photo image, PDF, web link, etc. to item and display it at order entry
· Fully integrated B2B and B2C e-commerce site development and SEO services available
· Six item prices for basic customer price levels
· Item category discounting by customer
· Matrix pricing (item category discounts by customer groups)
· Quantity break pricing
· Contract price lists with start and end dates
· Rebate tracking
· Create price lists on the fly from order entry
· Price based on last price charged
· Set price by specific GP % in order entry
· Discount whole orders in order entry
· Use calculator or enter discount or markup percent to price on the fly
· Four different unlimited extended text descriptions available for each item (customer, salesperson, purchase order, and receiving) for every item
· Unlimited item lookup codes per item
· New inventory receipts may be automatically allocated to backorders
· Multi-tiered editable BOM assemblies and kits
· Rebate tracking
· Multi-warehouse capable
· Bin quantity tracking within each warehouse
· MIN/MAX at company or warehouse level by item
· Order point, line point, lead time, safety stock and EOQ calculations
· Reserve stock for specific customers
· Multiple picking locations by warehouse by item
· Line item drop-ships and auto-create POs at order entry
· Landed cost as well as FIFO, LIFO and Average costing
· Serial number tracking and warranty tracking
· Consignment warehouse
· Cycle counting
· Purchasing worksheet/checklist
· Warranty and repair tracking through vendor return function
· Product history display shows all changes to inventory at a glance
· Multi-level bill of material with graphic on screen display
· Maintain and sell inventory items as a kit
· Adjust inventory quantities and/or value
· Transfer and monitor inventory between warehouse locations as one or two stage process
· Process physical inventory counts while operations continue
· Update inventory item costs, vendor number, description, etc. as batch updates from vendor media
· Maintain substitute and related item sets for any product
· Maintain and view multiple images, documents, or hyperlinks attached to each item
· Easy to use and flexible purchase orders and receipts entry/edit screen
· Print suggested reorder reports and create buyer's worksheets
· Automatically generate purchase orders to restock inventory using the same criteria
· Automatically allocate receipts to sales order backorders
· Set inventory GL accounts at the item level
· Wireless (RF) warehouse management (optional)
· Soft close month and year end eliminates downtime each month
· GL accounts may have up to 4 segments of up to 40 characters total
· Open and close individual accounting periods
· Work in a prior period in general ledger while using other modules in the current period
· Utilize up to 13 accounting periods each year
· Define individual cost centers for pinpoint financial reporting
· Create, track and edit your company's budget for multiple years
· Enter and edit general and recurring journal transactions
· Post transactions to multiple G/L accounts
· Perform Check Reconciliation
· Print Sub-Ledger Reports
· Maintain multiple years in the general ledger
· Assign different form (invoice, statement, packing list, etc.) designs to each customer at your option
· Email/fax customer invoices and statements automatically
· Batch faxing or emailing of invoices or statements
· Full credit card processing capabilities at POS or on account
· Maintain chronological user notes "diary" and set reminders for each customer
· Unlimited bill to, ship to, and contact records for each customer
· Enhanced payment, credit note, and debit note processing
· Auto-apply feature makes entering payments significantly easier
· Generate recurring invoices on a weekly or monthly basis
· Track unapplied payments
· Print statements designed to your specific needs with the forms generator Summarized totals by Bill To, Ship To, or Job can be added to statements
· Process full and partial payment of invoices
· Automated credit holds and authorized release control
· Hold and release at invoicing screen
· Set customer credit limits and relate to AR or include orders by customer
· Generate late charges on past due invoices
· Track historical sales, cost, and margin information by customer and month for any number of years
· Drill down to view invoice details directly from accounts receivable
· Balance forward or open item statements
· Print laser generated checks from blank check stock to improve security
· Automatic AP invoice reconciliation to receipt
· View inventory receipts while entering vendor invoices
· Adjust receipt costs and automatically allocate those cost adjustments to inventory and general ledger
· Utilize multiple accounts for each vendor
· Check voiding and check register printing
· Validation for vendor invoice numbers
· Process partial or full payment of invoices
· Easily apply one-time or recurring expenses
· Process manual or system generated accounts payable checks
· Apply vendor payment terms discounts
· View and print vendor accounts showing current payables and payments
· Place invoices on hold
· Print checks to blank stock or preprinted checks
· Write checks from multiple checking accounts
· Print an “Instant Check” without an invoice
· Distribute invoice costs by General Ledger accounts, inventory item, or inventory receipt(s) automatically
· Check reconciliation
· Automated email marketing
· Call tracking functionality for customer management
· Ability to set dates in MS Outlook for pending actions by employees and others
· Manage customer and prospect relations from one application
· Classify customers with user defined statuses
· Attach external documents to customers
· Set pending actions and schedule MS Outlook calendar events
· Enter forum-style notes for each customer
· Create user defined groups and broadcast email to them
· Import customers to groups via Report Writer
· Attach documents (form letters, brochures, flyers, etc) to email broadcasts
· Manage recurring payrolls
· Payroll summary report
· Enter and edit employee time sheet data
· Define unlimited voluntary and involuntary tax deductions
· Easily manage tax table updates
· Worker’s Compensation Codes and reporting
· Perform check reconciliation
· Easily generate your standard payroll without re-entering data
· Reprint payroll checks even after posting
· Track payroll costs by job
· Unlimited number of municipal and state taxes per employee
· Print laser generated checks from blank check stock for improved security
· Print payroll checks from multiple checking accounts
· Unlimited deductions and reimbursements
· Time clock entry screen for employees
· Enter asset acquisitions, transfers and retirements
· Choose straight line, accelerated, decelerated or define a method of depreciation
· View up to date accumulated depreciation of company fixed assets
· Maintain up to three different depreciation methods for each asset
· Calculate up to 13 accounting periods for each asset
· Consolidate fixed assets by tax district
· Job costing
· Light manufacturing
· EDI configuration services
· Paperless office (requires DocScan Premier option)
· E-commerce site development, fully integrated to BCR data and order processing
· Wireless (RF) warehouse management module (WMS Premier option)
· Product enhancement services
Contains file and system maintenance programs.
Used to create and maintain customer account records though authorized users can do this from order entry as well.
Used to create and maintain vendor (goods or services) account records.
Create sales staff (separate from users) and their commission plans, and create commission reports.
Edit Fiscal Periods
Create fiscal periods for each fiscal year.
Edit Chart Of Accounts
Create and maintain the general ledger accounts and their beginning balances.
Crate and maintain inventory and service item records for sale and purchase. Authorized users can also do this from within order entry and purchasing.
Used to create and maintain jobs for the job costing system.
Edit Job Phases
Creates defined job phases for the job costing system.
Edit Job Cost Types
Creates types for the job costing system.
Edit Customer Terms
Create and edit customer payment terms to apply to customers and sales orders.
Edit Vendor Terms
Create and edit terms for payments to vendors to apply to vendors and purchase orders.
Edit Price List
Create and edit price lists that can set exception prices for specific items for specific customers.
Edit Pricing Categories
Create price categories to be assigned items so that they can be grouped for special customer pricing.
Assign Customer Price Lists
Allows you to assign multiple price lists to customers.
Edit Assortment Discounts
Allows you to establish discounts for groups of items that are not in the same sales category and apply quantity discounts.
Edit Item Classes
Create and edit item classes which can be assigned to items and used to set defaults and in report filtering.
Create and edit kits, which are groups of items sold as one.
Edit Sales Tax Table
Create and edit sales tax authorities and jurisdictions to be assigned customers and sales orders.
Edit Checking Accounts
Create and edit the accounts that are used in payables for check writing.
Edit Shipping Methods
Create and edit the methods that can be assigned to customers and sales orders to designate shipping.
Edit Tiered Freight
Create and edit customer freight charge plans based on the value of the shipment.
Edit Credit Card Types
Create and edit credit card types (MC, VISA, etc.) for the credit card customer payment system.
Edit Payment Methods
Create various customer payment methods (cash, check, CC, etc.) to be used in sales order entry and AR.
Create and edit multiple currencies and their exchange rates when foreign currencies are used.
Create and edit delivery routes for local shipments to be assigned customers.
Edit GL Entities
This program is only activated if your account structure contains an “E”. Create and edit accounting entity prefixes to be used in the GL chart of accounts. This program can also be accessed from the General Ledger module.
Edit GL Cost Centers
This program is only activated if your account structure contains an “C”. Create and edit accounting cost center suffixes to be used in the GL chart of accounts. This program can also be accessed from the General Ledger module.
Edit Order Sources
Create unique order sources with color codes to be assigned orders in order entry.
Edit Order Types
Create unique order types with color codes which can be set as defaults for customers and assigned to orders.
Make/Model tracking allows users to tag sales orders with specific information such as the make, model, etc. of a vehicle that parts are being sold for. Field labels can be changed so that this information might apply to other equipment such as heavy motors. The Track Make/Model/Year option must be selected in System Defaults.
Edit Zip Codes
Maintain a zip code table for cities that will automatically determine the city based on a zip code entry.
Create and edit expanded matrix pricing by pricing categories and customer groupings.
Edit Drivers/Delivery Schedules
Maintain the delivery date, day, and time schedule for individual drivers (users.)
Create and maintain item catalogs to be assigned items here or in item maintenance.
Numerous general system settings and tools typically reserved for use by system administration.
Set System Defaults
Used to maintain numerous system-wide fields, settings, and switches. Should only be accessed by your system administrator or BCR support.
Used to maintain the access, authorization, and options settings for individual system users. Should only be accessed by your system administrator or BCR support.
Can be used to list the current users logged onto Titan and log them off if need be
This tool can be used to reindex and pack select or all Titan tables, which may improve system performance.
An SQL command interface tool. Some knowledge of the SQL syntax is required and access is usually tightly limited. Core Titan data can be viewed and changed using this tool which may be a security or data integrity concern.
This tool can be used to import data to Titan tables from MS Excel spreadsheets. MS Excel is required on the workstation it is run on.
Can be used to import data to Titan tables from other ADT and DBF database tables. Typically only used by BCR support representatives.
Accesses the Report Writer.
Programs related to the tracking of data changes. Contact BCR support for assistance.
Post Inventory Residual Values
Close or Archive/Purge Documents
Used to reduce the number of order, invoice, purchase order, etc. documents accessed from primary edit tabs in order entry and purchasing to improve system response times.
This program will build a number of new items from a single item using a matrix of qualities, such as size and/or color, etc. A single item would create twelve new items from three sizes and four colors.
Change/Merge Customer ID
Allows a user to take change the ID of an existing customer to another ID or merge its account history with another customer, such as when one customer buys another.
Change/Merge Vendor ID
Allows a user to take change the ID of an existing vendor to another ID or merge its account history with another vendor, such as when one vendor buys another.
Change/Merge Item Number
Allows a user to take change the ID of an existing item to another ID or merge its history with another item, such as when one item is now carried in place of another. Can be performed on a single item or batches of items.
Change/Merge G/L Account #
Allows a user to take change GL account to another account ID or merge it with another account, such as when two accounts are consolidated.
Change Tax Authority
Allows a user to take change one tax authority to another or merge to an existing one, and change all of the customers and transactions assigned the old authority accordingly.
Allows a user to take change one salesperson setup to another or merge to an existing one, and change all of the customers and transactions assigned the old salesperson accordingly.
Inventory Price Changes
This program can be used to make relative changes the cost or price levels of ranges of items in either the item master or price lists.
Inventory Quick Price Edit
Provides a spreadsheet style grid for the manually keyed updating of the cost or price levels of a selected range of items.
Inventory Cost Update
Allows the user to update the cost of selected items based on the factor in the vendor file times the base price when the vendor provides a list and discount to determine your cost.
Setup Account Structure
Establishes the format for the GL account numbers, such as xx-xxxx as opposed to xxxxxx. Also sets up cost center or sub-account formats. Should only be used in consultation with your accountant and BCR support.
Changes the details and settings in a variety of Titan tables. Should only be used in consultation with BCR support.
A variety of utilities for importing data from specific sources and generic data updates. Contact BCR support for help in selecting and using the appropriate utility.
Link Images to Items
Print Customer List
A simple listing of basic customer account information for a range of, or all, customers, including name, contact, address, tax code, etc.
A basic name and address mailing label program for customers, vendors, or employees.
Print Vendor List
A simple listing of basic vendor account information for all vendors including name, contact, address, phone and federal tax number.
Chart Of Accounts Listing
A basic listing of the chart with descriptions, type, class, and budget category.
Item Master List
A basic listing of a range, or all, items by item ID, description, class, or vendor, and includes the item on hand, cost, and other basic information.
Create File For Barcode Labels
Select items and enter the number of labels desired to create a list for the BARCODE table, which can then be used in Report Writer label reports with barcode fonts.
Bill of Material Explosion
Creates a report of BOM items and their components. BOM items can be selected by range. The default report can be used or a custom report created with Report Writer selected.
Item Listing with Images
An business performance dashboard giving major financial indicators in specified comparative time frames. Access is usually reserved for senior company management.
Customer Price List
Create general ledger entries or edit unposted GL batches from other sources within Titan. Batches can be printed and posted directly from this screen if desired.
Batch Journal Print
GL batches must be “printed” (at least viewed on screen) before they can be posted. They can be printed directly from the Enter/Edit Batch screen or from this program.
GL batches can be posted after printing from either the Enter/Edit Batch program individually, or as selected from this program.
Reverse Posted Batch
This program will produce a reversing entry (debits and credits) for a posted GL batch. It will then appear on the Enter/Edit Batch screen to be printed and posted.
Unpost a GL Batch
This program will unpost a GL batch and return it to the Enter/Edit Batch screen.
The check register is a report, similar to a manual check register, but with a number of filters. It can be exported to a spreadsheet if desired. It is not necessary for check reconciliation.
This program is an interactive tool that allows you to flag checks or any bank account activity as reconciled to a bank statement. Flags can be reversed and miscellaneous entries for bank charges can be created directly from this program.
Financial Report Preparation
This program should be run before running any financial reports as it determines which financial periods should be used. If it is not rerun, all subsequent runs of the reports below may not be accurate or updated.
Income Statement Comparative w/Variance
Balance Sheet Comparative w/Variance
Show Account Activity
This inquiry can be used to view any range of GL entries based on a variety of filters.
Update Current GL Period
The GL period determines the period that is assigned GL batches created in this module, though it can be edited in the individual batch. It is independent of other modules. It can also be updated from within the Administration>System Defaults program.
This program is only activated if your account structure contains a “C”. Create and edit accounting cost center suffixes to be used in the GL chart of accounts. This program can also be accessed from the Administration module.
Edit Entity Descriptions
This program is only activated if your account structure contains an “E”. Create and edit accounting entity prefixes to be used in the GL chart of accounts. This program can also be accessed from the Administration module.
Initialize Budget File
Deletes the existing budget and builds a blank budget table from the current chart of accounts.
An entry/edit program that allows you to maintain budget figures.
Create Year End Closing Batch
Undo Year End Close
Archive Previous Year’s Data
Enter/Edit Invoice Batches
Create and edit vendor payable invoices. Individual batches can be printed and posted directly from this screen.
Print Invoice Batch Journal
Payables must be printed before posting. Multiple batches can be printed from this program.
Post Invoice Batches
Use this program to post multiple batches at once.
This program is used to schedule payables for payment.
Print Cash Requirements Report
This report must be printed or viewed before check scheduled to print can be printed.
Prints checks that have been scheduled to print in the check preparation program.
Edit Check Numbers
You can use this program to change the number the system has assigned to a check. This is usually only done when a pre-numbered check is printed and it is not the next check number the system anticipated.
This program will reprint one or an entire check run if needed, such as when checks were physically damaged during printing or the initial printing was a test run.
Enter Manual Checks
Use this program if you pay a vendor invoice with a manual check instead of a system printed check.
This program allows you to void one or more checks that have been printed but not posted. It will return the payable to the scheduled checks status.
Print Check Journal
A check journal must be printed or viewed before checks can be posted.
Post checks to change payables to paid and post to the general ledger.
Email Advice to Vendors
Sends a payment advice email to selected vendors. Contact BCR support for assistance with this function.
Void Posted Checks
Voids the check printed, returns the payable to payables, and removes the GL postings.
Use this program to print a check, or note a manual check, for bills that is not a payable in Titan, such as a bill for window cleaning or a donation.
Enter Debit /Credit Memos
Debit (decrease), or credit (increase) the amount owed a vendor. Memos can be applied to specific invoices or unapplied to the account.
Print Debit/Credit Memo Journal
The memo journal must be printed or viewed before memos can be posted.
Post Debit/Credit Memos
Post memos to update the vendor’s payable account and the general ledger.
Unapplied Credit Notes Report
Lists vendor credits that have not been applied to unpaid vendor invoices.
Apply Unapplied Credit Notes
Allows you to apply credits to specific vendor invoices.
Print Check Register
Unlike the register in the general ledger module which is formatted specifically for on screen or spreadsheet, this register is formatted for printing, if that is preferred.
A vendor specific inquiry screen displaying aging, payables and payments.
Invoice Due Report
Invoice Detail Report
Invoice Distribution Report
Updates the vendor aging and produces an aging report.
Update Current AP Period
The AP period determines the period that is assigned AP batches created in this module, though it can be edited in the individual batch. It is independent of other modules. It can also be updated from within the Administration>System Defaults program.
AP Clearing Reconciliation
This inquiry provides details of the reconciliation of purchase receipts to vendor invoices, by receipt, vendor, purchase order, or location.
Enter/Edit Invoice Batch…
This program allows a user to create a customer account invoice outside of the order entry system. It is typically only used in special circumstances.
Print Invoice Batch Journal
The invoice batch journal must be printed or viewed before invoice batches can be posted. This only applies to the Enter/Edit Invoice Batch program, not to invoices created through the order entry system.
Post Invoice Batches
Posts the invoice batches created using Enter/Edit Invoice Batch to the customer accounts receivable and the general ledger.
Generate Late Charge Batch
Late payment service charges to customers, if used, must be created using this program, typically monthly. Late charges are based on the system and customer setup and will be posted to the individual customer account and the general ledger.
Enter/Edit Payment Batches
This program is used to enter payments from customers to their accounts.
Print Payment Batch Journal
The AR payment batch journal must be viewed or printed before the batch(es) can be posted.
Posts the AR payment batch(es) to the customer accounts and the general ledger.
Enter Credit/Debit Memos
Debit (increase), or credit (decrease) the amount owed by a customer. Memos can be applied to specific invoices or unapplied to the account.
Print Debit/Credit Journal
The memo journal must be printed or viewed before memos can be posted.
Post Credit/Debit Memos
Post memos to update the customer’s receivable account and the general ledger.
Unapplied Payment Report
Lists customer payments that are credited to customer accounts but not applied to specific customer invoices.
Unapplied Credit Notes Report
Lists credit notes for customer accounts but not applied to specific customer invoices.
Apply Credit Notes/Payments
Allows the user to apply notes and payments to specific customer invoices.
Create Sales Tax Credit from Invoice
Allows the user to credit sales tax that should not have been charged, without crediting the entire invoice and re-invoicing with a non-tax authority.
Display Account Detail
A customer specific inquiry that displays all invoices, payments, and aging of the account.
Cash Receipts Report
Prepares the aging of customer due amounts and produces an aging report.
A limited selection of customer performance graphs.
Prints (hardcopy, fax, emails) customer statements according to system and customer setup. Should only be run after the Aging Report updates the aging.
Month End Processing
Sets the AR and Order Entry period. This determines the period that is assigned AR batches created in this module, though it can be edited in the individual batch. It controls both modules so that invoices posted from Order Entry will have the correct corresponding period in batches posted by End of Day processing. It can also be updated from within the Administration>System Defaults program.
This program will delete any payment terms discounts available up to the entered date that have not been taken in AR payment entry so that they will no longer be available. Otherwise discounts can be taken even though the discount date has passed.
Edit Time Clock Data
This program will let you edit the time clock data for each employee before it is transferred to the timesheets.
Copy Times Data to Time Sheets
Transfers the data entered in the time clock to the time sheets so that a paycheck can be generated.
Enter Time Sheets
Use this program to enter the hours worked by an employee.
Time Sheet Journal
A recap of the time sheet transactions entered.
Details the information that will appear on the paychecks to be created.
Print Payroll Checks
Print the payroll checks for the current group of time sheets.
Reprint Payroll Check(s)
Allows you to reprint one or more payroll checks before they have been posted.
Check Register Journal
A list of all payroll checks printed.
Will post the current payroll batch to the General Ledger
Reprint Posted Payroll Checks
Allows you to reprint a check that has already been posted.
Void Posted Payroll Checks
Allows you to void a check that has already been posted.
Form 941 Worksheet
Time Sheet Audit Report
Test ACH Deposit File
Edit Tax Tables
Used to set up and maintain as many federal, state and local tax tables as needed.
Edit SUTA Table
Edit Pay Types
Used to set up and maintain as many employee pay types (e.g., regular, overtime, vacation, sick) as needed.
Edit Master Adjustment File
Used to set up and maintain employee contributions (such as personal use of a company car) for and deductions.
Edit Workman’s Comp Table
Edit Shift Table
Edit Accrual Types
Edit Employee Information
Used to set up and maintain employee payroll information (e.g., pay rates, adjustments, tax brackets, etc.)
Edit Payroll Data
Add Imputed Income
Leave Time Rollover
This program is the core of the order entry system and is used to create from scratch or copy quotes, sales orders, and credit memos. It lists all sales transaction types for editing or viewing. It opens automatically when the Order Entry module is opened.
Print Picking Tickets
Allows a user to print, or reprint, new or subsequent revisions of picking tickets. Pick tickets may also be printed individually directly from order entry (Edit Invoices/…)
Print Packing Slips
This program is turned on from System Defaults. It allows the printing of “packing slip” forms AFTER the creation of the invoice record.
Batch Invoice Orders
Creates one or more invoice records from sales orders that have allocated goods. Invoice records may be created individually from order entry (auto-invoice) if system defaults and user setup permits.
This program is turned on from System Defaults. It provides an opportunity for the user to review invoice records before they are finalized. This program is typically used by companies that auto-invoice directly from order entry.
May be used in conjunction with either batch invoicing or auto-invoicing to print invoices, if needed, and finalize them (reducing the inventory.)
End of Day Posting (Invoices)
This is the final step in invoice processing. Finalized invoices are posted to AR. This step is usually performed immediately after invoices are finalized by Print/Process Range or Hold/Release Invoices. Though typically performed at the end of the day, it can be performed at any time of day or month, and multiple times daily, as needed.
Lists the orders the user has most recently worked with and takes the user directly to it in order entry.
Show Customer Activity
An inquiry that lists details all of a specific customer’s transactions related to one or more items.
Edit Customer Notes
Used to edit the original customer note system. The Contact Management module is now the preferred customer note system.
Cash Drawer Setup
Used to maintain the drawer control codes for POS registers.
A wish list for users to notify purchasing of items they would like purchased. Does not create a purchase order. Can also be accessed from the Inventory/Purchasing module.
Opens the Titan Contact Management (CRM) module. If order entry is open and a customer selected it will start with that customer selected in contact management as well.
Cash Receipts Report
Delivery Manifest InBound
Delivery Manifest Viewer
This is the core program used to create, edit, post, and view purchase orders, though purchase orders can be created by other means.
Used to create and update inventory count batches.
This is the core program for the entry and editing of the receipts of purchase orders.
Used to create and edit inventory adjustment (due to damage, errors, etc.) batches.
Used to create and edit transfers of stock between warehouses. Can be used as a single or two step operation.
Used to create stock for bill of material (BOM) items, though they can also be built directly from order entry if allowed.
Auto-Generate Purchase Orders
This program will automatically create unposted POs in the Enter/Edit Purchase Order program for the vendors selected based on inventory needs, as determined by min/max levels and backorders.
Used to move inventory quantities inside of a single warehouse from one bin location to another. Only used in conjunction with warehouses that utilize bin location tracking.
Enter/Edit Buyer’s List
This is a purchasing worksheet program that allows buyers to review the status of items purchased from one or more vendors. Items are listed in batches if they are below their stocking level (min) or have backorders. Unposted purchase orders can be created or updated according to the editing by the user.
A wish list for users to notify purchasing of items they would like purchased. Does not create a purchase order. This program can also be accessed from the Order Entry module.
Can be used to create and post a return of goods to a vendor, which
will immediately reduce on hand/available and allow a vendor invoice (credit)
to be reconciled. And alternate method would be to create and post a
Print Purchase Orders
Used to print one or more POs if they have not been printed directly from Enter/Edit Purchase Orders.
Print Physical Inventory Count List
Prints count sheets to be used to manually record the count during a physical inventory.
Print Receipts Log
This will print a receipts form for any unposted receipt.
Print Adjustments Log
This will print a listing of items in unposted inventory adjustments.
Post Purchase Orders
Posts one or more purchase orders. Individual POs can also be posted from Enter/Edit Purchase Orders.
Posts one or more inventory receipts. Individual Receipts can also be posted from Enter/Edit Receipts.
Posts one or more inventory adjustments. Individual adjustments can also be posted from Enter/Edit Adjustments.
Posts one or more warehouse inventory transfers. Individual transfers can also be posted from Enter/Edit Transfers.
Close Purchase Orders
UnPost Purchase Orders
Once a purchase order is posted it cannot be modified. To add, delete,
or modify items on the PO you must use this program to first unpost the
Display Item Activity
An inquiry screen that shows the current inventory status and all of the transactions (invoices, receipts, etc.) related to a specific item.
Vendor & Item Needs Report
Stock Requirements Report
Stock Performance Report
Purge MTD Inventory Count
The Inventory History Report is only accurate if certain fields in the ITEM table are refreshed monthly. Running this program is not necessary if the Inventory History Report is not used or MTD prefaced fields are not used in custom reports. Monthly performance is available in other reports that do not require these fields.
Purge YTD Inventory Count
The Inventory History Report is only accurate if certain fields in the ITEM table are refreshed yearly. Running this program is not necessary if the Inventory History Report is not used or YTD prefaced fields are not used in custom reports. Year to date performance is available in other reports that do not require these fields.
Update Current IP Period
The IP period determines the period that is assigned IP batches created in this module, though it can be edited in the individual batch. It is independent of other modules. It can also be updated from within the Administration>System Defaults program.
Archive Item Transaction History
Archive past years of transactions (posted receipts, adjustments, transfers, etc.) from item history. After a number of years transaction history that is no longer pertinent may be slowing the response of some programs. Archiving may improve their performance.
Material Requirements Report
Report writer reports can be exported to a variety of file formats and to the Contact Management groups.
Determines the setup parameters such as landscape/portrait and page size.
Previewing a report will apply the Layout to the report to be viewed. The report must be previewed even though there is no layout if multiple pages are to be viewed.
Edit Report Settings
Edit Query Fields
Edit Page Format
This tab is used to create the basics of the report data selection, filtering, etc.
This tab is used to create a more elaborate report or form layout than a simple spreadsheet grid.
Displays the raw SQL syntax generated based on the defined search.
A report must be previewed before it can be fully viewed, even if it has no layout.
Zoom + 25%
Zoom – 25%
Calculates the added depreciation on fixed asset records based on depreciation tables. Typically run monthly.
Must be viewed or printed before depreciation can be posted to the general ledger.
Posts calculated depreciation to the general ledger.
Fixed Asset Listing
Report By Tax District
Enter/Edit Fixed Assets
Create and maintain individual fixed asset records.
Enter/Edit Asset Categories
Create and maintain categories and their depreciation table to be assigned assets.
Edit Depreciation Tables
Define depreciation tables to be assigned to asset categories.
Enter Job Costing Transactions
Enter Job Resources
Job Budget Preparation
Listing by Job Number
Job Status Report
Job Cost Report
Job Resource Documentation
Job Budget Report
The Titan Contact Management module facilitates a number of CRM (customer relations management) functions including the maintenance of customer notes, the attachment of documents, the assignment of tasks to users, and the maintenance of email blast groups.
What needs to be done at the end of the day? The month? The fiscal year?
There are no
specific actions that need to be done at the end of the day. Most companies run
the invoice End of Day routine at least once daily but it can be run at any
time. All users should be admonished to log out of Titan at the end of the day.
NOTE: If you do not log out, the processing date at the top of modules left
open will not be updated and new transactions entered the next day will be
dated to the previous day. The month end may end on different dates for
different modules. Change the fiscal period for each module (
How do I find out who last accessed/edited this record?
The most recent customer record update user is displayed on the Edit Customer>Edit>Misc tab. The most recent Item record update (edit) user is displayed on the Edit Item>Edit tab. Users with access to the SQL Tools or Report Writer can list the user that created a record and the date and time of creation, and the user, date, and time of the most recent edit. The Titan database does have the ability to log all changes to specified files but this must be setup by BCR support and is recommended only for limited special needs or circumstances due to the added performance overhead.
New customer and vendor records require just an ID and company name. New item records only require an ID. A number of fields may be filled automatically by record defaults setup in System Defaults and the item class. Your company may require specific information in other fields. Some companies choose to create template records that already have the settings preferred and use the Copy button to create a new record rather than starting from scratch.
You will need to make sure the Multiple Vendors Per Item option is checked on the System Defaults>IP>Item Master tab. In Edit Item select the Vendors tab for the item and add vendor in the grid at the top of the screen. Use the Vendor dropdown on the Edit tab to select the primary vendor.
On the Administration>System menu go to the Change/Merge Item # sub-menu. You can change one item or create a batch of items to change. This process will change the item number throughout Titan, so all transactions referencing that item will now reference the new number. There is an option to copy the old number to the Auxiliary Item so that you can still locate the item by that number if you wish.
On the Administration>System menu go to the Change/Merge Customer ID. This will change the ID of the customer being merged in all transactions to the ID of the “new” customer merged to. The new customer can be a completely new ID or an existing customer. If the customer is new then all settings for the existing customer will be copied and the old customer deleted. If it is an existing customer then only transaction references are copied.
Titan has a variety of tools to help change the pricing and/or costing of multiple items. If you have new prices or costs on an Excel spreadsheet then the Import (Excel) program might be used. Depending on the specific nature of the change, the Inventory Price Changes, Inventory Quick Price Edit, or Inventory Cost Update could be the best tool to do this. If you are using Price Categories or Matrix Pricing then those tools may make the changes needed to customer pricing.
There are numerous standard reports in Titan that will give you various information about the transaction history of these records. And an infinite variety of custom reports can be created to display history in any other form you might require. Additionally a number of sub-tab screens in order entry, purchasing, edit customer, and edit item have displays of history.
The AP Distribution Wizard was designed specifically for this purpose. See documentation.
There are a number of sources for this information in Titan. The Management Information program (Administration>Reports) can give you performance information for a variety of metrics including sales and cost of goods over any time period and in comparison to another period. You can run and Income Statement (General Ledger>Reports) at any time for any date range. There are a number of reports on the Order Entry>Reports that will produce performance information in a variety of forms. And you can create a custom performance using the Report Writer.
On the Administration>File menu go to Edit Fiscal Periods. Enter the year in the box on the left and hit return. This will automatically create the periods for that year.
How do I set an item/customer/vendor to be inactive/discontinued?
Items can be flagged as discontinued on the Edit Item>Edit>Status/Other tab by setting the Item Status to Discontinued, which will meant that the item cannot be purchased, but remaining stock can be sold. Setting the Item Status to Inactive will prevent it from being either purchased or sold. Customers can be made inactive by un-checking the Active option on the Edit Customer>Edit tab. This will prevent new orders being entered for the customer.
To make an item non-stock uncheck the Stocked Item? option on the Edit Item>Ordering tab. This will display addition Non-Stock Type options: Nontangible/Service, Tangible, and Absolute Misc. The non-stock tangible setting will allow you to filter those items out of suggested buying routines.
If the credit, or debit, does not involve the addition or reduction of inventory items, and is purely financial, then you can use the Payments/Adjustments>Enter Credit/Debit Memos program in the Accounts Receivable module to adjust a customer’s account, or the Check/Memos>Enter Debit/Credit Memos program in the Accounts Payable module to adjust a vendor account. If a credit to a customer is due to returned goods then you will want to use either a sales order/invoice with negative quantities, or a Credit Memo with positive quantities. Either can be created from the Order Entry module. If goods are being returned to a vendor then you can create a Vendor Return in the Inventory/Purchasing module. When posted the Vendor Return will immediately reduce inventory and create an AP credit that can be taken when you do Check Preparation.
If the customer wants a cash refund for an outstanding credit balance you will need to create an AR debit memo (AR>Payments/Adjustments>Enter Credit/Debit Memos)to offset the credit on their account. This will debit your AR account. The credit should be to any adjustment account you choose. Then cut a check using AP>Check/Memos>Instant Check. This will credit you cash account. The debit should be to the same adjustment account so that the net is zero.
I need to find out who my top 10/100/1000 customers by purchases were this year. How do I see that?
In the upper right corner of the Report Writer is a Select Top field. Create a report from the CUSTHIST file that selects records with the YEAR equal to this year and links to the CUST table so that you can include other information such as COMPANY and SALESMAN. Sort the report by the TOTAMT field from 9 to 1 (high to low) and enter the number of customers you wish listed in the Select Top field.
A deposit due message for an item will display on the Shipping/Payment tab of the order, just below the Payment/Tendered field. Enter the amount of the deposit in Payment/Tendered and click the Post Deposit button. This will create a deposit record and pre-post it. You must run End Of Day to post the credit to the customer account and the GL.
For sales, in Accounts Receivable>Reports>Display Account Detail enter the customer account and any filters you wish. On the different document type tabs highlight the document in question and corresponding invoice, payment, etc. details will be displayed in the grid at the bottom of the screen. Double click on the document to see the detail. For purchases, use the Accounts Payable>Reports>Display Invoices, which has a similar interface.
Normally invoices do not list on a statement if they have been paid off completely in the previous month (e.g., an invoice paid off in June should not appear on the July statement.) Occasionally an invoice may have a fractional penny balance in the record that is not displayed. If this happens contact BCR support to have the balance cleared in the data.
In Show Account Activity on the GL>General menu, enter the batch number as the Starting and Ending Batch Number in the fields provided then click the Update Display button. Be sure to enter some filter before hitting Display Update or ALL GL entries will be displayed and this could take a long time for your system to process.
How do I find out who created this item?
Users with access to the SQL Tools or Report Writer can list the user (ADDUSR) that created records and the date (ADDDATE) and time (ADDTIME) of creation in the ITEM table.
Use the AP Clearing Reconciliation (Accounts Payable>General) to flag receipts as paid. Simply double click on the receipt to change it to paid.
If you have a customer that has a credit balance in AR and you need to write them a refund check, you will need to do two things. Create a debit memo for the customer equal to the amount of the refund. This will zero their account balance and debit the AR GL account. The credit account can be any adjustments account. Then you can create a check using the Instant Check program. This will credit the GL cash account. The debit should be to the same adjustments account you used for the debit memo, leaving a net adjustment of zero.